Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Happy Birthday Allen!

Today my sweet little curly haired, blue eyed boy turned 25! I can't believe he's already 25. I remember his blonde curls and beautiful blue eyes looking up at me full of love. I remember hugs and kisses with grubby little hands because he had been playing and just needed some Mommy love. I used to tell him my Allen love tank was getting empty and needed a refill. That would always get me some more hugs and kisses, specially strong ones to last a while.

Now he is 25. His hair is in dreads not curls, but his eyes still look at me with love. (When I get a chance to see them that is.) He is living on the other side of the country from me right now, all grown up with a life of his own. He is getting ready to got to Angola soon to work with street kids there. I'm proud of my boy, I just wish he would have found something that inspired him closer to home.

I know that he doesn't read this blog, but I still wanted to tell him that I love him.

My dear sweet Allen,

Today you are 25 years old. The years have flowed past so quickly, you've grown up. I miss you every day. I love you always. I'm so proud of you for following your conscious and doing what you think is right. I wish I could hold you, give you some hugs and kisses, and tell you that I love you more today than I did yesterday, but not as much as I'll love you tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day.

Love Mom

No comments: