Monday, March 29, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
My concerns are:
- He drools nearly all the time. He says that he isn't aware of it when it's happening.
- He's still behind other kids in the way he communicates, to me it seems like he's 6 months to a year behind. The kinds of things he talks about, what he is interested in, and the way he behaves with other kids is part of this.
- He runs awkwardly, can't really catch a ball, and doesn't really draw or color well.
- Sometimes, when he is stressed or tired his head shakes and he blinks his eyes more than usual.
- He over reacts, emotionally, to some things, and under reacts to others. Mostly over reacts.
- He is unaware of basic social cues, he doesn't understand about personal space, even though we have been talking to him about it for years.
- He has a very big imagination, and sometimes it seems that he forgets that he isn't Lava Girl or someone from some other movie or TV show. (Usually girls.) He doesn't understand why people might feel uncomfortable with that when dealing with him.
So, we are hoping that they can help us figure out what is happening, and if there is a medical reason for any of it. We need to know so we can help him work with whatever is happening so he can do as well as possible in school and in his social life. He's a good kid, he is fun to be with, he's usually well behaved, and he's learning to read in leaps and bounds.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
I weighed myself this morning, after my workout. I've gained back the 4 pounds I lost last week. I don't know why.
I started a food journal to keep track of what I'm eating, and since I'll probably be the only one to see it, I have been very honest about what I eat. The next step will be to actually measure it out. I've done pretty well keeping the sweets to a minimum without feeling deprived, and not having too much fatty food. I'm only eating when I'm hungry, not just when it's expected. For example, yesterday I didn't eat dinner with the kids because I was still full from snack. I ate my dinner a couple of hours later. I do need to increase our vegetable intake, neither of the kids like veggies except for corn so that might make it harder but I'll just have to try.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Saturday, March 13, 2010
I think I'll either get books or the second EA Active workout, as a reward for finishing my second 30 day challenge. I'll have to decide which I want more when the time comes. I need a lighter cooking cook book, and I've been reading the Percy Jackson books, I have 1, 2, and 4 I need to get 3 and 5 some day soon. Oh heck, maybe I'll get the books AND the exercise game at the same time. :)
Tuesday, March 09, 2010
What this means to me is that I was quite a bit heavier than I thought when I started to eat less fried foods and reduce the sugar I eat. I can now wear cloths I couldn't get into a before we moved here, so that's 3 years. I still believe I've lost about 20 pounds since I started to reduce the serving sizes back then. I should be loosing even more because of exercising regularly. I guess I might have gained a little because of muscle weighs more than fat. I know that I've gained some muscle in my legs and arms mostly. Howard says that my bottom is less jiggly and more muscular, so that would make a difference.
I started another 30 day challenge on the seventh. I decided that I needed to do it on easy again, because it still gets my heart beating fast and hard, and sometimes breathing gets kind of labored. It IS easier now than it was the first few days of the last one, so it's working. I'm in better shape now, I feel better too. I have a long way to go, even longer than I thought, but I'm determined to get it done.