Sunday, August 16, 2009

Turnovers.

I finally got around to making my own puff pastry. I think it will be easier this winter when the weather is cooler.

Anyway, I made a pineapple-apricot filling and made turnovers. I don't know if it's because I cut it wrong, or because of the way I tried to "seal" the edges but it didn't puff very well. The flavor was out of this world! They were rather light and flaky, but not as puffed as I thought it would be.


I have half of the dough left, and some cherries that were frozen that I'll make some filling out of, and I'll try again soon.

Here are some pictures:


4 comments:

kristina said...

YUM. I'm happy I found your blog via BabyCenter. I'm enjoying it.

Messed up Mama said...

Thanks for visiting. :) I'm glad you are enjoying reading my blog.

the Provident Woman said...

Oh, yummy!

I have a giveaway at theprovidentwoman.com click on the giveaway in the far right side bar – ends Friday at 10 pm

Messed up Mama said...

Thank you for stopping by. The turnovers were really really good. Thank you for the invitation to your giveaway but I don't have any babys. :)