Thursday, February 22, 2007

The way things are.

I'm not sure which is worse, having a sick child, or being sick while your child isn't. Aidan was sick on his birthday, a bit listless Thursday and Friday, and then had diarrhea Saturday night after he went to sleep, he woke up screaming because it was burning his skin. Sunday he was back to his normal self. I've been sick since Sunday, and Howard got sick Monday. He recovered faster than I did, just in time to go back to work on Wednesday. I'm feeling better, but still tired and drained. It's been difficult, dealing with an active 4 year old who suddenly became very needy. Keeping him entertained and not screaming in frustration has been a challenge.

Our attempt at stopping the pull ups to potty train went away during this sick time, I just didn't feel up to taking him to the bathroom every 20 minutes, especially not when I was having to go there myself every half an hour or so. Maybe next week.

I've got to get things going with Aidan's school, I have to get him registered in a program the school district will pay for, and then get things worked out for his transportation and the speech assistance he qualifies for. That may have to wait until next week as well.

I also have to start looking for some work, I want to do something. I've been looking at some work from home things, as well as some jobs with the Department of Human Services. Working from him would be good, because I can plan my own schedule, I wouldn't have to spend money on cloths for work, I wouldn't have to pay for the commute, but I might have to get up really early to do it, or stay up really late. Getting a job with the State could be good because it would be pretty stable work, with good benefits. But I'd have to pay for daycare, buy cloths for work, and pay for commuting. I guess I'll apply for jobs in both situations and see what comes of that. Again I'll probably wait for next week to do it though.

No comments: