Thursday, June 28, 2007

Our busy day. (Very full of kid stuff)

Yesterday we went shopping. It was Howard's day off, so we took both kids and went to Target. Sweet Little Girl (from now on known as SLG) went to sleep on the bus and slept for over an hour. She woke up in time for lunch. We had to return a malfunctioning toy of The Boy's, and decided to get cash instead of a replacement. The Boy decided to buy SLG a toy to hang from her baby carrier/car seat handle so she would have something to do. We had some lunch and then went to The Learning Palace. The Boy played with the train set they have out, and SLG watched a little boy named Andrew as he played with the trains. He's about 16 months old, and quite tall. She really liked him, to the point she got frustrated with her hanging toy and pushed it to the side really hard. It was so cute, she smiled and talked to him. I don't know if it her first flirtation or not, but it was fun to watch.

We then went to a shoe store to get me a pair of Airwalks one size bigger than the ones I got last month. I need the bigger ones when my feet swell or when they hurt too much for the others. It's not really that big of a problem, but those shoes are the only thing that eases the pain from Sciatica when that hits, so I want to be able to wear them no matter what the condition of my feet. I talked Howard into getting some as well. He's not sure of them yet, but they will work for just walking around here or going out to check the mail on his days off. We found a pair for The Boy, he likes them because he can put them on by himself without ANY adult help. We may have gotten his a bit small though, they fit fine right now, but one size bigger would have been nice. (They didn't have any in the next size) Howard wanted to get SLG a pair of pink ones, but they don't have any small enough for her. The store had a buy one get one for half price sale going on so it wasn't too bad.

We wandered around and looked at things in the Mall for awhile and then stopped by the food court to grab a snack. SLG ate a few crackers and maybe 2 ounces of formula, but wanted to watch people more. The Boy ate one and a half orders of chicken nuggets and drank some milk. Then we went to the Pet Store. The puppies were playing and oh so cute! Both kids got a kick out of that! Then it was time for SLG to go home. We were all so tired that we ordered pizza for dinner. The Boy put himself to bed at about 7:15 PM, and I went to bed at about 8:30.

No comments: