Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Quick Post with photos.

We've been a little busy lately, and I've been a little tired out. On Friday the Eleventh, we met with the EI teacher, a speech therapist, The Boy's teacher, and the "home educator" to discuss any assistance The Boy might need at school to help him work through and learn ways to handle school and it's stresses. The Speech therapist will see him three Thursdays a month, and the EI Teacher will see him for half an hour twice a month. An occupational therapist will come in and observe him while in normal class room activities and do whatever tests he/she feels are needed to determine if The Boy has a Sensory Processing Disorder or anything else that might be behind some of the problems he is having in class.

The week end was normal, which means that not much happened around here. Monday after The Boy got home from school we discovered that he had lost a tooth while in class. No one knows when it happened or what happened to the tooth. There wasn't any blood or a fight or any kind of bump to the mouth that might have hurried it along. It looks normal for a naturally lost tooth. It probably came out while he was eating lunch or snack and he probably swallowed it. Here's a picture of his now slightly toothless grin.

And another one that you can see the empty spot better, but I caught him with his eyes closed and looking kind of silly.

I can't believe that he's lost a tooth already! he isn't even five years old yet! Isn't it more normal for a child to loose his first tooth around six years old? Oh well, I guess we are just lucky.

We did some shopping after school yesterday, because we filed our taxes the day before and got an anticipation loan for our return. We looked at lots of things we were thinking of getting, but decided to wait until next week to make a decision. I did get a sifter and a set of nice knives, not to good professional ones Howard wants but they will do until we can afford the others. And we had a nice dinner out, with a taxi ride home.

Today it's been kind of cold, and foggy. I'm not sure it was freezing fog when we were out waiting for The Boy's school bus to come pick him up but I got these interesting pictures of what appears to be frozen droplets on spider webs.

So that's what's been going on with us for the last few days. I hope that you all are doing good.

No comments: