Tuesday, February 01, 2011

A double knit hat.

I decided to try a double knit hat. I wanted it to be reversible. Or as The Boy said "completely reversible" LOL. I've made one other double knit project before, a pot holder. It was fun, and I wanted to try it again. I already had two shades of blue so all I had to do was find a pattern for the colors I would stay interested in doing but wouldn't be too hard to do. I found an snowflake pattern that was just right. Figuring out how to do ribbing in double knit was interesting and took a few tries, but  got it done. Then I had to figure out how to work it in the round with double point needles. I had some problem with laddering between the needles especially on the "back" or inside because I couldn't see that part as clearly as I could the "front" or outside. But I think it turned out pretty well. Here's some pictures.

You can see the laddering a little bit here.



The ribbing is a bit loose, but it works for The Boy.


No comments: