Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Last night my left leg slipped out from under me and I fell hard on right hip and left arm. I almost fell on top of Aidan. I don't know what caused me to slip. My left arm hurts, that achey feeling just before a muscle cramp is closest to how it feels. My right leg will have bruises from the hip down to the knee because I fell into Aidan's carseat. But I missed Aidan and didn't break or sprain anything so I guess I'm lucky. Oh, and I think I'm going to have a nasty bruise on the upper part of my left knee.

I've been using my slow cooker a lot, well once or twice a week. I've made Rroasts, Swiss steak , Cchili Verde, and today I'm making Chili. I really like the way things turn out, tender with the flavors well mixed. So far everything has been pretty easy to put together. The hardest part is the cutting and chopping of the veggies. The house smells so good when I use it.

We are working on coming up with the money to get up to Oregon for Marks wedding. I want to be up there a couple of days before our money comes in, but I may not be able to pull that off. I guess we could leave really early on the 3rd, and hope to be up there and not totally exhausted for the bachelor's party on the 4th. The wedding is the 6th so I'm sure I'll make it in time for that. I don't know if Howard will be going with me or not. I'm not looking forward to driving that far alone with Aidan, but I could do it if I need to. Or maybe it would be better to go by train? Hmm I'll have to check out the cost of tickets.

I'm feeling a little divided, I want to move into a bigger place, and I want to move back to Oregon. Howard is looking for jobs up there, and if he goes to the Wedding with me he will spend some of his time looking through the papers, and actually going to the places he would like to work to put in applications. If he doesn't go with me then I'll bring back the papers for him. It might not be wise to move into the bigger house just to have to sell it and move to Oregon, but I REALLY want to move into the bigger space. And what if Howard doesn't get a job in Oregon for a couple of years? I don't want to live in this place for that long.

No comments: