Thursday, January 20, 2005

This and that.

For those of you who are on our Friends and Family message board, I want to apologize to you for the inappropriate message Howard's Mom posted. She thinks she is the Queen of the guilt trip, but in reality she is more of a Drama Queen. I've asked her not to post such things there again.

Aidan is saying more words now. He says something that sound close to "I Love you" when I say "I love you" to him. He is trying to make the sign for I love you. I wish I could give you a clear description of it, but today my mind seems to want to take the long way around everything.

He covers his mouth with his hand and says "Skoos me" whenever I burp. Because I do that. He hasn't connected that when he burps he should do it too.

I wish Buddy would eat more. He is looking really skinny. We give him plenty of food, and he even has an extra bowl where it's harder for the neighbor dogs to get to, but he doesn't eat it. I don't know what to do. On the other hand Miss Kitty is getting pretty fat. I thought she might be pregnant, but I held her last night and it's all just chubbiness, her legs and chest are also getting fatter, not just her tummy. I didn't feel any babies when I was petting/squeezing her belly, I hope that she will hold off on her first heat so that I can get the money to get her fixed. I don't want to add to the unwanted cat population.

I'll see the Doctor and the Health Educator on Monday. I'll talk to the Doctor about the Celebrex, because my family has a history of heart problems. We will also discuss the blood test results and other health questions I have for her. I'll talk to the Health Educator about what I've done to adjust my eating habits, and what kinds of exorcise I've been doing, or not doing. I've worked on reducing my portion sizes, partly by using smaller plates and by cooking less food at any given meal. I've walked some and danced some, but not enough. Probably only about 20 minutes a week on average. I need to up that to closer to 80 minutes a week. But I do have a plan, so I've got a good start. It's going to take a lot of time, to work up to the right eating and exorcise habits, but I'm determined to do it.

No comments: