Saturday, August 26, 2006

Hood River again

Well, I'm back in Hood River for a little while. I didn't find an apartment yet, but Howard has a good lead on a double wide mobile home for $550 a month, it's on 5 acres and we might be able to buy a car from the guy. I'm not 100% sure that this is all for real, Howard hasn't seen the place or the car, the guy gave him a ride part of the way back to Salem last night. But if it is for real it would be wonderful, because it's supposed to be within walking distance for Howard to go to work.

I'm a bit upset with Howard right now anyway, he's mad because I had to bring Dad's car back and so I can't take him to work any more. Which means that he either has to find a car pool, or walk on the days that Snowanna can't take him. So, according to him, I'm not doing everything I can to get the car for a while longer. But it's the only car that is reliable around here, Mom's car will just decide not to start for no reason, and his little truck is getting old. They don't want this car to get worn out driving all that way all the time. I can't blame them, but I wish things were different. I know that I'm not the one walking 46 miles one way everyday, but there isn't much I can do right now.

Anyway, I don't know how long I'll be here. I need gas money to get down there with the truck, and if this house thing is real and comes through next week-end we will be moving anyway so ... I just don't know. Oh well, eventually everything will work out, it's just hard waiting for it.

No comments: