Thursday, May 10, 2007

An Anniversary.

Last week Howard and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. We've been together for 9 years now. We have our problems, but for the most part we are still very happy together.

Lately I've been more aware of how small our problems really are. I have two friends who are in the middle of ending important relationships, and two of my favorite bloggers, who happen to be married to each other, have announced that they are getting divorced. I wish I could do something, give them some advice or sympathy or something. But there really isn't anything anyone can do except for being around for them if they need a friend. I hope my friends know that I'm here, I'll listen, I'll help in anyway I can, I just need to know what I can do.

I think in a way I'm feeling a little guilty or something because my relationship is still on good standing while theirs isn't. I know it isn't a rational feeling, I know that they wouldn't want me to be going through what they are. But I'm still a bit reluctant to talk about my marriage with them, or blog about it here because they read might read it and feel sad. Silly I know, but do you understand why I might feel like this?

2 comments:

Granny said...

Oh yes, I understand. On the other hand, life goes on and all you can do is be yourself.

You can express your sorrow for them without feeling guilt at your own good fortune.

Friends will understand.

Messed up Mama said...

In my head I know that. But my heart worries about hurting them more than they already do. I know that they understand, and are probably even happy for me that my marriage is going well. Thanks.