Sunday, May 06, 2007

Screaming

I had thought that we were past the long drawn out crying and screaming fits. But the last few days we have had at least one a day, some days had two. He gets upset when told not to do something, so he yells or screams about it. Then kicks his feet or stomps around the room. So far he seems to be calmed by having my friends little girl here. (I'm babysitting for a little while, she's 9 months old, and The Boy adores her.) Today we just went through 20 minutes of screaming because he popped his balloon. It got worse when I couldn't blow it up again, and worse still when I told him to either stop screaming or go into his room. I finally had to take him by the hand and lead him to his room. He screamed in there for quite a while but finally quieted down again. I hope that this doesn't bode badly for the rest of the day. We have to go to the grocery store and I really don't want to deal with a melt down while there.

No comments: