Friday, March 14, 2008

Cuteness alert!

Just in case you don't want to read cute, sweet, things said by a 5 year old boy you might want to stop reading this post.

Okay, This post is going to be totally a Mommy blogger kind of post. That should be sufficient warning just in case someone came here looking for something less child oriented. (Like that is likely to happen. :P)

A couple of nights ago The Boy and I had a hard time sleeping. At one point we were both laying on the couch. He whispered "Tell me a story Mama." I asked which story he would like to hear.

"The one with the little baby that grew and grew and grew until he was 2 and flushed his Mommy's watch down the potty."
So I told him the story, with my own bits added and some of the original bits left out. Our favorite parts are where the Mommy rocks her boy "back and forth, back and forth, back and forth" and when she sings to him.
After I finished The Boy was quiet and I thought he had fallen asleep. Several minutes later I felt his little arm come up around my neck and he whispered "Mama, I'll rock you back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. I love you forever, I love you for always, As long as I'm Something MY Mama you will be." (I have to explain about the Something, it isn't because he forgot the words, although he might have because he doesn't understand what "as long as I'm living" means, it's because he's been telling me "I'm really Something!" lately. I'm not sure where he heard that, because I haven't said it, but to him it's a good thing.)
In a couple of minutes he really was asleep, but my eyes still had tears in them from the sweetness of his comment.

No comments: