Saturday, March 20, 2010

Half way through. Day 14 of 30.

Today was the half way point, according to the program, in my 30 day challenge. I guess that's because day 30 will be a rest day and tomorrow is a rest day. Anyway, it was a good work out. I'm starting to enjoy it most of the time. Except for squats and some lunges, and that's because my knees hurt when I do them. Actually it's not my knees exactly, because it's not the joint, it's just above my knees. I'm hoping that will stop as I get in better shape.

I weighed myself this morning, after my workout. I've gained back the 4 pounds I lost last week. I don't know why.

I started a food journal to keep track of what I'm eating, and since I'll probably be the only one to see it, I have been very honest about what I eat. The next step will be to actually measure it out. I've done pretty well keeping the sweets to a minimum without feeling deprived, and not having too much fatty food. I'm only eating when I'm hungry, not just when it's expected. For example, yesterday I didn't eat dinner with the kids because I was still full from snack. I ate my dinner a couple of hours later. I do need to increase our vegetable intake, neither of the kids like veggies except for corn so that might make it harder but I'll just have to try.

No comments: