Thursday, May 06, 2004

What a Thursday today is.

I'm so very sleepy today. I laid down for an hour but I'm still almost drifting off. I'm sitting here waiting for the Children's Hospital to call for the time that we need to have Aidan in for all the pre-surgery stuff. I hate waiting for anything, and this is difficult as it is. Aidan is sitting in his high chair eating his lunch, blissfully unaware that tomorrow he will be experiencing pain like he's never had before. Ok, now I'm getting ... I'm not sure of the word I want, sad, worried, empathetic ... I don't know.

I also wonder how this will affect his walking and other development. He's going to hurt down between his legs, will he stop trying to walk because of that? Or will it prompt him to walk more? Will he focus more on talking now, or will he revert back to an earlier stage? At least it's only day surgery, so he won't have to spend the night in the hospital. After Christopher had his surgery, when he was 8, he kind of got weird about food. Because they had him on a liquid diet for a couple of days. (He had some bleeding in his intestines. And they needed to clear them out to find the problem.) Aidan is younger and will be on liquids for a much shorter time, and he likes drinking from a cup or a bottle, it hasn't been all that long since all he had was liquids anyway.

No comments: