Monday, June 20, 2005

Over the week-end

This week end was pretty busy for us. Friday Howard worked with his cousin Jimmy, while Aidan and I just went about our normal day.

Saturday we went shopping at Ross again. This time the store had a more normal amount of customers. We found a nice pair of slacks for Howard to wear to work. (I don't think I mentioned before, but Howard is working part time temporary for the City of Atwater. It's a possibility that it could develop into a permanent full time job eventually.) The slacks were only $14, the original price tag was $50 so we felt like we did pretty well on them. I found a cute orange t-shirt with Scooby Doo on the front for Aidan and Howard found a set of Spiderman summer pajamas. I got another pair of jeans, a pair of purple velvet lounge pants, and a top that Howard likes but I'll never wear in public because I have to wear it braless and at my age gravity is taking over if you know what I mean. LOL We spent close to $10 on Aidans stuff, and about $17 on my stuff.

Sunday we woke up a little later than usual, Aidan and I got up and let Howard sleep a little bit longer, then we went in to wake him up and give him his card and the cereal box. We had fun playing together. Then I made breakfast. Aidan and Howard playing together until nearly lunch time. We decided that we had to do laundry and that we wanted it to take as little time as possible, so we went to the laundry mat. Now we have lots of clean cloths. We had lunch at a little sandwich shop next door to the laundry mat. After that we went out to a family reunion. It was actually Jimmy's family (The side Howard isn't related to) but they wanted us to be there anyway. It was really nice, it was held in the yard of one of the family. They had 2 bouncy houses, games and wading pools and lots of kids. Everything was great until I asked Howard to watch Aidan so I could visit with out worrying about where he was. (The yard wasn't fenced and there was a road where people seemed to drive extra fast.) I guess Howard let Aidan out of the bouncy house, and thought he was going to me. I never saw him although some other people had seen him behind me for a while. Anyway, I went looking for Aidan over with Howard, he didn't know where he was. We started looking around, behind the cars, in the house, in the tents ... everywhere.

About 30 people from the reunion helped search. I was getting more and more upset, when someone mentioned the canal and asked if anyone had looked there. I almost fainted when I thought he might have fallen in. A minute or so later someone called "We found him!"

Aidan had walked down the road pretty far, I'm thinking that the distance to the corner where he was found is about the same distance as a normal block and a half. Some people found him and were going house to house searching for where he belonged. When I got my hand on him, I was crying and telling him that he did something very naughty and hugging him and wanting to spank him all at the same time! We left the reunion soon after that, because I was so upset.

I was very angry with Howard. He was supposed to watch Aidan, and didn't do a good enough job of it. I'm still a little angry, I follow Aidan everywhere he goes, or at least keep an eye on him at all times. I'm scared to let Howard watch Aidan if they are going to be outside, what if he gets busy with something and Aidan gets away from him again? What if the next time we are not so lucky? I think I'd loose it if something happened to Aidan. (Any of my sons actually.) I'm still shaking inside.

I hope you all had a good week-end.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My youngest is Aidan!

Messed up Mama said...

That's an interesting coincidence, thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

I lost Xander once. He wandered off when I was putting the car seat in the car--one of those "my back was only turned for a second" kind of things. I thought I would die.

the girl

Messed up Mama said...

I think it happens to more parents than people want to admit. It's a heart stopping moment.