Thursday, June 30, 2005

Around noon today, I dropped a board on my foot. I think my middle toe is broken, it's swollen and hurts just to touch it. Of course the board broke the skin on two of my toes, the middle one and the one next to the big toe, so I had to put bandages on them. Now the middle one hurts even more. I'd take a picture but I'd have to remove the wild animal bandages that are on them.

I'm going through things again. Tossing even more stuff. Unfortunately that means that the living-room is pretty messy as I sort through things. Now that I hurt my toes, I'm going to have to re-evaluate what I'm going to do and how I'm going to do it. I think one of my end tables is going to get taken out. One leg came off when we moved in here. I might be able to fix it, but it will probably always be weak. If I do fix it I'll try to find someplace to put it where it won't get abused by Aidan who seems to think that tables are for playing on.

The heat of summer has finally hit. It will be in the 100's for the next few days. I hate the heat! Well, at least my cooler is working, it makes things bearable. I hope you all can keep cool, and enjoy the summer.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch!

I can sympathize, sort of. For three summers in a row way back when, I broke the same toe (my little toe) on the same foot--on the same rock! (Fourth summer I stubbed my toe on the rock, it didn't break, and I moved the rock. Finally.)

I couldn't wear anything but a certain pair of shoes all summer long. And it hurt so much to walk. :(

I hope you didn't break your toe and that it feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Sorry, darlin'!

the girl