Thursday, June 03, 2004

Minor problems with my comments.

I have been unable to post a comment to my blog for a couple of hours today. So I thought I'd comment here, because I might forget later. To Working Mom
You are completely correct that working Moms are working all the time too. In fact I think they have it harder most of the time than Stay at home Moms. For the reasons you mention mainly. For example, when I was working while Allen and Chris were younger, I worked my 8 hours, picked up the kids, cooked dinner, cleaned house, made sure the kids took baths, and did their homework. All the things I do now, but in only 4 hours before going to bed for a short 7 hours of sleep. I am not sure I could do it now. :) I've also done the single parent thing. And you are again correct, it is very difficult. I am very proud of good single parents, such as yourself.

And to Jodie, first thank you for stopping by and for your comment. I do love staying at home with Aidan. I don't know how long I'll be able to do it, but so far it's working out for us. I'm kind of conflicted about it. Half of me wants to get out and work, and use my education. I'd like to meet people other than my husbands family, and working out side the home is a good way to do that. On the other hand, I worry about day care for him. We don't have anyone here that I'd want to babysit for us, and I've heard so many horror stories about daycare. I'd miss so much of his life. This part of me was made to be a Mom, cooking, sewing, and other old fashoned home maker skills. I agree with you that Moms, whether or not they work out side the home or not, "Anyone who can be a mom and manage a clean house without outside help is a miracle worker."

Thanks to both of you for your comments. Come back again, and comment all you like.

No comments: