Friday, November 12, 2004


Today I woke up and the pain in the calves of my legs is almost gone! It was like having cramps in both legs at the same time until yesterday, and now it's only a little uncomfortable. I never expected it to be such a problem.

I'm also almost caught up with the house work that got left undone after I strained my back trying to move a dresser without taking things off of it or out of it. There for awhile I couldn't stand to wash dishes for more than 15 minutes at a time. (I was already behind because of catching a flu virus the week before.) I couldn't walk for more than 45 minutes. The first day I was almost normal was Sunday when we were in San Francisco. I've done all the pots and pans, and most of the other things. I fill up the dish drainer and then sit down to allow my back to rest. Then, if Aidan is still asleep, I put away the clean dishes and do some more. I've never been a very good house keeper. I am trying to do better, but there is always something else I want to do instead and I can't always resist.

I need to ask Allen if he will send me the pictures we took with his camera while he was here. He got some of Buddy and Psycho Cat, the house and I got some of him and Aidan together. I missed the opportunity to take any of them sitting in the chair together. They were so cute! Both of them handsome blue eyed boys that I love with all my heart.

I'm knitting a sock. Well, it will probably be a pair of socks eventually. It appears to be a fairly simple pattern. It's on 2 straight needles, rather than the 4 double pointed or a circular pair, so I will have to sew a back seam, but I think it will be ok. I have some yarn that my Mom gave me years ago, it's a dusty purple color, I'm not sure what it's made of, most likely it's acrylic. I'll probably wear them around the house, because they will be too bulky to wear with shoes. I'm also looking at patterns for hats and scarves, as well as mittens, to use up left over yarn, and found balls from a couple of estate clearances, and some yarn that my Mom had when she moved from her house to an RV.

No comments: