Saturday, January 06, 2007

Feeling better, Sleep, and Aidan's school.

I am feeling better today. Hopefully this time I really am getting better. Howard seems to have caught it though. He, however, gets over these things quicker than I do. And it seems that he usually gets a milder case than I get as well. Which is good, because he is a horrible patient. LOL

I need to figure out how to get Aidan back on a regular sleep schedule. I don't want to listen to the screaming that he will do if I just set a time and put him down. Besides that, we have neighbors and I'd rather not put them through that either. He's loud enough on a regular basis already. He seems to think he should stay up as late a possible. Sometimes falling asleep as late as 1 or 2 AM. He gets up no later than 9, usually it's around 7, but sometimes as early as 4. He will usually sleep at least 4 hours, but has been known to sleep for as much as 12 hours. I think that children his age are supposed to get something like 12 to 13 hours every day. I'd like it if he would sleep 8 to 8.

Monday I'll be calling a couple of Pre-schools about their programs. I want to get him started as soon as possible. Then I need to look for a job and find daycare. I'm looking forward to it, on the one hand, but afraid of it on the other. It's been a while since I worked full time for someone else. When I worked for Jimmy it was really more like working for myself. I want to work, to get out of the house and do something more interesting than watching TV all day. But I'm worried that I won't be up to it. I'll have to spend a few pay checks getting cloths and shoes for work. Depending on where I work of course. Anyway, Aidan will be in Pre-school 2 days a week for 2 hours, and will have speech separately. We will have to work out the speech portion depending on the school I choose and their schedule, Aidan might stay at the school for extra time, go for another day, or go to the office over on Pringle for that portion of it. I know he will love it. He love school, at least he did the 2 days he got to go in Hood River, he loves daycare as well, that lasted for a couple of months in Hood River. So I know that he will do well there, I'll just have to get a job so he can go to daycare. LOL

No comments: