Sunday, January 14, 2007

Our housing woes, revisited.

Several things have happened around here since my last post. David decided to move in with his sister. She is in Michigan or someplace like that. So he gave his 30 day notice, which then prompted the folks at Salem Apartments to call and tell us to be out by Monday.

I talked to Cheryl, the person on the paper saying why we were denied, about it all I made sure to mention that it's illegal to hold dropped and dismissed charges against us, and that I have an almost 4 year old son to take care of. She said that it seems strange that David was leaving at this time, so I explained that he hadn't had a job in a few months and so decided that he needed to be with family. She mentioned that there were a lot of hits on my last name in the eviction database. I reminded her that none of them had my name on them. She agreed but then asked "How do I know that you weren't using another name?" I asked her how did she know I didn't use another last name. She agreed that she couldn't know, and put that aside, I think. She said that things just seemed strange. So I asked her if she would have accepted our application if she had looked at the background check close enough to notice that thing were dropped or dismissed, and if she had looked that the eviction records the way they are intended to be used. She said that she didn't know, but she would talk to her boss about it.

Howard found someone who has a 2 bedroom mobile home he wants to share, and we worked things out to move over there, but the man has been unreachable since 6:30 last night, it's 10:30 AM now. I'm hoping that he had some delays and then went out last night. He was going to pick us up so we could stay there last night, but didn't call. Howard is worried because I paid for the first months rent already. (It's only $200.) So now I'm sitting here wondering where we will be living in a couple of days, worried that I lost $200, and worried that Aidan and I will have to go to Hood River and Howard will end up sleeping in a tent or something and freezing to death.

I guess the need for me to worry and stress hasn't been filled up yet, even though I feel like it's over flowing now. You would think that things would have to start getting better sooner or later wouldn't you? If we move today I won't have Internet for a few days, so I won't be able to let you know about it for a few days, maybe even a week. But if we don't ... I'll probably be back on to let you know what's happening.

No comments: