Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Update

Well, we decided to fight things. We have a letter from the manager with all three adults names on it asking when we would be able to pay the rent. Indicating that she knew we were living here, and paying the rent. It might give us a little more time to get things figured out. I'm also trying to find out what they used against us to deny us this apartment. I called the office, they told me to call the company they used to gather the information from. When I called them, they told me that there were some credit things and some things from Howards past, but that they couldn't tell me what the actual thing was because they don't give advice or anything they just give the background check to the landlords. So I called the Management office back and asked them, the person I talked to wasn't the one who decided it so she is sending me the report and the name of the person who did make the decision. I'll probably get it tomorrow or Thursday, then I'll call and talk to that person and find out exactly why. If it's anything from Howards past, those things are over 10 years old and the charges were dismissed or dropped. So they shouldn't be used against him. Best case senario - we get to stay here. Worse case - we get a few more days to figure things out and then have to move. So either way, I'm feeling less stressed. I'm going to call the Housing Authority and see if they have any emergancy housing, because I'm fairly sure that we are going to have to move anyway.

I'm so tired, I didn't sleep well last night. I'll have to go to bed early tonight.

It seems that every time things finally start going well for us, there's another problem that screws it all up. (sigh) Keep good thoughts for us, keep your fingers crossed, pray for us, or whatever you do, we need all the help we can get right now.

No comments: