Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Blogging for books.

I thought some of you might be interested in this contest. I'm unsure enough about my own writing that I'm not sure I'll enter. I'll read through most of the entries, maybe I'll find some new blogs to read. Anyway here are the rules and the link. If you do this, I hope you have fun.

"Blogging for Books #3: Adaptation (Guest Author: Mark Falanga)
Change can be hard - both the kind we undertake ourselves, and the kind that is foisted upon us without our consent. While we human beings have a remarkable ability to adapt to change, we often fight it tooth and nail. Peace only comes when we learn to make the best of the hand we've been dealt.
For this Blogging for Books, write about a time when you struggled to adapt to a major change in your life. It can be a new job. Or the death of a loved one. Or, as in Mark Falanga's case, a move to the suburbs.
Post your entry to your own blog, and leave a comment to this entry linking to your post. You have until midnight, September 13th 2004, to submit your entry. My wife and I will choose the top seven entries, and author Mark Falanga will whittle it down to the top three. Entrants will be judged both on the entertainment value of their story and on the quality of their writing.
This month, courtesy of Broadway Books, all three winners will receive a signed copy of Mark's forthcoming book, The Suburban You.
Go!"

No comments: