Monday, September 20, 2004

Where did the week go?

I intended to blog this week, but somehow the week vanished on me and I just never got around to it.

This week I've been reminded of my family and how important they are to me.

I am grateful for:

My Mom, who is also my best friend, because she always encouraged me to do things and to learn new things. She might not have a lot of formal education but she is one of the smartest people I know.

My Dad, because he loves me no matter what. He might not have understood me, the things I wanted might not have mad any sense to him, but he did his best for me.

My brother Cody, because he is a caring person. He and I may not have much in common, we may not understand each other's sense of humor, but we are family.

My brother Mark, who is also my friend, because he challenges me to extend my mind. Our discussions are informative as well as fun. I enjoy spending time with him, just because. We have a deep connection.

My son Christopher, because he was my first child. He is a good man, with lots of care and love for the people in his life.

My son Allen, because he and I have a friendship that has grown as he has grown into a wonderful man. He is intelligent, loving, interested in the world around him and strong in his ideals.

My Grandson Xander, because he is my one and only grandchild. He is smart, well behaved, and loving. He is growing into such a wonderful person.

My son Aidan, because he is so sweet and I had given up on ever having an other baby in my life. I enjoy watching him learn and think things through. He is fun and very loving.

My husband Howard, because he puts up with all my crazy moods. He allows me to fall apart if I need to, and I know he will be strong for me instead of me needing to be strong for him. I don't think any man has ever loved me so much. (My dad, brothers, and sons don't count.)

All of my nieces and nephews, because they are the future. Each of them has something special. I hope each of them will be able to live up to their potential.

No comments: