Thursday, April 15, 2004

Dream interpretation

Years ago I was taught a method of dream interpretation. It seems very simple, but can be quite complex. The first thing you need to do is write down what you remember about the dream. Then in each sentence or paragraph underline the parts that seem the most important. Make a list of these important words or phrases. Now think about what those things mean to you. For example a home of your own might mean security or too much work, a baby might mean happiness or responsibility or complications, a car could be freedom or responsibility. Then look at the relationship between these things in the dream and then relate the your meanings to each other in the same way. I had a dream years ago in which I had a beautiful baby girl, who was very very tiny. I was moving into a new house, and misplaced the baby. To me the baby meant happiness, the house meant security, so somehow I was worried that I'd misplace my happiness while getting my security. If you try it let me know how it works for you.

No comments: