Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Who am I today...

I've invited some new friends to read my blog. I'm not sure if they will get around to reading any of this, or if they will every comment. But I thought I'd give them some back ground about me, and let them know who I am today.

I'm 44 years old, in October I'll be 45. I've been married 3 times. I have 2 sons with my first husband, they are Chris (25 May 10) and Allen (22 September 4), Allen has a 5 year old son named Xander. I have another son (step-son I want to adopt), Aidan (born February 14, 2003) with my third husband. My first husband is Don Weber, and our relationship was not a good one. Our divorce was fairly easy though, and as long as we don't have to talk to or think of each other we seem to do fine. My second husband is Dannan Tavona, he and I were best friends before we married, but he couldn't take the difficulties of raising teenagers and left me after 12 years together. We parted on good terms, but never talk to each other anymore a fact I'm saddened by. My current husband is Howard McMillen, he is Aidan's father. We are still very happy together after almost 6 years together. (May 1, 1998 we met, May 1, 2000 we married.)

I have 2 brothers, Cody who will be 42 in October and Mark who will be 36 in September. Cody is married to Kelly, they have 5 children. Caleb just turned 11 (I think) in February, Josh will be 7 in October, Jessica will be 5 in October, Garrett just turned 2 April 19th, and Mackenzie who will be one in September. The last 4 kids are foster kids who they hope to adopt. (Garrett is already adopted). My memory for their ages and their birthdays isn't very good, but Kelly promised to send me a calendar with their birthdays on it so maybe I'll be able to send them a card at least.

Mark is single, with a 16 year old daughter Snowanna. Unfortunately Snowanna got pregnant recently, but the good news is that everything seems to be going well health wise. The father of the baby married her not long after they discovered the pregnancy. I can only hope for the best for all of them. Mark has found a wonderful woman to share his life with, her name is Eileen (I think that is how she spells it). I haven't met her yet, but I've heard good things about her.

Both of my parents are still living. They were divorced for quite a while, but are back together again now.

I was born in El Paso, Texas, and lived in the South West until I turned 14, I then moved to Oregon, where I lived until September 10, 2002. I am now living in California.

I have 2 AA degrees, one in Education (Instructional Assistant) the other was called an Oregon Transfer Degree, and covered all the lower division classes needed. I got my BS in Social Science (Anthropology and Sociology were my main focus) with an Art minor. All my Higher education happened after Allen started elementary school.

I have a few close friends, and many other friends. My friend Cheryl, I've known her since my sophomore year in High School. She helped me be less shy and stood by me through some tough times. Nicole, is like a little sister to me, though we have moved away from each other physically and perhaps grown slightly apart as well. She helped me grow spiritually as well as emotionally. Jennifer, is someone I know I can depend on, I feel like she and I should have been sisters. She is there for all her friends, solid and loving. She was also a big part in my growth spiritually and emotionally. There are also many children who I came to love through friendships with their parents, or babysitting or both.

All these people and events have shaped who I am. Each has taught me something important, sometimes the lesson may have been hard or painful.

I'm sure that there are things I forgot to include. I know there are things that I should have included but felt were too ... Private to share publicly. I hope this will kind of give you an idea as to who I am today.

For all of you who know me personally, I'm sorry to drag you through all of this now. If you are still reading this, thank you.

Please feel free to comment on any thing I've written so far and anything I write in the future, all of you.

No comments: