Friday, March 05, 2004

A few days ago I was shopping for shoes, for Aidan and for me. I found the ones I wanted for him fairly quickly. It took longer to decide on mine. I found 3 pairs that reminded me of Nicole because they are the kind of shoes she wore 6 or 7 years agon when she still lived in Oregon. I thought of getting some sneakers, I found some cute shoes I could wear with dresses or pants, but I finally decided on one of the pairs that reminded me of Nicole. Partly because of that connection, but mostly because I really like them. Today I started to wonder how often my friends likes and dislikes change my own tastes. I don't remember ever likeing something I used to dislike, and having a friend that likes it at the same time. But my friends have introduced me to many things I might not have tried or noticed before they showed them to me. I hope I've been able to add to my friends enjoyment of life, by showing them things I enjoy.

No comments: