Sunday, March 21, 2004

Personal choice mets family commitments.

Today my Mother-in-law is haveing a BBQ. It's her birthday. I don't want to go, for 3 reasons. The biggest one is that her son Donny will be there, he's the one that stole the beautiful park bench that my Mother and Grandmother gave me for my college Graduation. We are fairly sure he sold it to buy drugs. I don't want to be anywhere near him. The second one is because I have a migraine today and would rather not out in the sunshine today. The third is actually kind of petty of me, but I can't help it, and that is because she didn't come to get Aidan's birthday, she didn't send a gift, or card and she didn't even call. She also forgot Howard's birthday, as well as mine. I'm feeling rather put out over it. I keep thinking things like "How dare she be mad at me! She didn't care enough to come see her grandson for his FIRST birthday! Why should we care about hers?" I know, I should let it go, I should relax, I should release the negative energy. I know this, I just don't seem to be able to right now.

Should I bite the bullet and go anyway?

No comments: