Saturday, March 20, 2004

Happier thoughts.

Well today I am feeling much better. I talked to Howard some and he seemed to understand that my feelings were hurt by his words. My friend suggested checking into getting a lawyer to do the adoption pro bono, I'm going to have to figure out how to find such a lawyer. Plus we will have to either find Aidan's bio mother so she can sign over her parental rights, or ask the court to remove them. Since she left here in July and we haven't seen or heard from her in all that time I think we have a case for abandonment. I'd rather not do it that way, because someday Aidan will want to know about her and why she left him with me. I'd like to be able to tell him that while she was good at haveing babies she knew she wouldn't be good a raising them so she gave him to me because she knew I'd love him and take good care of him.

Today was a free dump day over at the fire department here in Atwater. We took over the old shed that was falling apart and a few other odds and ends. It was no big deal until we witnessed a really stupid accident. No one was hurt, but a nice little pick-up was squashed. There was a short line to dump metal of any kind includeing washing machines and other appliances, Pick-ups were directed to back up toward the area they wanted the metal stuff dropped off. Well, while one guy was waiting his turn a woman drove up behind him, basically cutting in line, but he couldn't see her because her truck was a small one and his was loaded to the top. Anyway when he saw the man directing traffic wave to back up, he didn't kow that it was the woman in the little truck who was being waved in and backed up into her. If the woman had been paying attention she would have known that she was cutting in line, and maybe she would have been able to get out of his way, or better yet she could have not gotten in the way in the first place.

No comments: